Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport is the world’s fastest production car with a top speed of 431 km/h.
Bugatti Veryon SS, the 1200 hp monster, is one of the greatest modern day mechanical achievements. Unfortunately it has one of the biggest pricetags too. Starting at $2,700,000 you too can buy a Veyron SS and experience world’s fastest production vehicle, though with a limited top speed of 415 km/h (257.91 mph).
Although the top speed of a Buggati Veyron 16.4 Super Sport is 431.072 km/h (267.856 mph), a record set by Pierre-Henri Raphanel on July 4, 2010, it is electronically limited to 415.07 km/h (257.91 mph) to protect the tires from disintegrating.
- Engine – 8.0L W16, 64v DOHC quad-turbocharged petrol engine
- Top speed – 431 km/h (267.8 mph)
- Power output – 1200 hp (882 KW)
- Max. torque – 1500 Nm @ 3000–5000 rpm
- 0–100 km/h (0–62.1 mph) in 2,5 seconds
- Fuel consumption at top speed is 78 l/100km (3 mpg)